Get to know Inbal Bar-Yossef, one of our excellent lower school Hebrew teachers! Learn about her journey to the Bay Area, her love for teaching, and her favorite Hebrew word. Plus, find out what she enjoys doing when she's not in the classroom.
1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area, where did you come from and what brought you here?
I have lived in the Bay Area for the last 6 years. I came from Israel as part of our decision as a family to enjoy new opportunities.
2. What is your role at Hausner and how long have you been here?
I teach Hebrew in 1st-4th grades and this is my fifth year at Hausner.
3. What is the highlight of your working week? (can be any given week)
Communicating with my students and sharing the excitement of progress or a meaningful discussion about a topic that is close to my heart, like values: kindness, empathy, respect, accepting and supporting each other...
4. What do you do when you're not at work?
I love hiking in nature with my family and friends.
5. What do you think you would do if you weren't a teacher?
I would like to be an interior designer.
6. Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
I can walk in museums for hours looking at the same picture over and over again.
7. What is your favorite Hebrew word?/Jewish Holiday
My favorite Hebrew word is Sababa. My favorite Jewish holiday is Passover.