Hausner’s Athletic Director, Jenni Danis, has been a part of the Hausner community for more than two decades. Along with her husband Jozef, Hausner Facilities Manager and Lower School PE Teacher, they are our school’s athletic power couple. If you are familiar with Jenni's energy, you probably won’t be surprised to learn what her favorite Hebrew word is! Read on to find out.
1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area, where did you come from and what brought you here?
I have lived in the Bay area for 25 years and I came from Madison, Wisconsin. The job opportunities and the sunshine brought me to California.
2. What is your role at Hausner and how long have you been here?
I am the Athletic Director, Middle School PE Teacher, and 8th grade Advisor. I have been a part of the Hausner community for 24 years and have loved every one of those years.
3. What was the highlight of your working week?
It was awesome to be a part of our first whole school assembly this year that celebrated the light & love of Hanukkah. It was a wonderful feeling having parents, students and staff together again in one place smiling, singing, and celebrating!
4. What do you do when you're not at work?
I am a taxi driver for my children! I go to my son's hockey practices and tournaments, my daughter's water polo practices and tournaments. I also go on family hikes around the Bay Area with our dog Rexo.
5. What do you think you would do if you weren't a teacher?
I think I would be a real estate agent.
6. Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
I was born and raised in Miami, Florida.
7. What is your favorite Hebrew word?