Meet Lauren Wuellner, our dynamic 5th and 7th grade teacher at Hausner! She has 15 years of experience teaching, and loves to bring laughter and excitement to her classroom every day. In her free time, she enjoys running, reading, and baking. If you want to know more about her fun fact, you'll have to find her!
1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area, where did you come from and what brought you here?
I have lived here for about 15 years. I moved here from the east coast because my husband got a job in California, and we have never looked back!
2. What is your role at Hausner and how long have you been here?
This is my 15th year at Hausner. I currently teach 5th and 7th grade humanities, and before that, I spent 10 years in 3rd grade.
3. What is the highlight of your working week?
Before each class, I consider the possible answers to questions I might ask so I can think about how to move our discussion forward. The kids always have the best ideas! Last week, I asked the seventh graders to make memes about the founding of Rome, and I laughed so hard at what they produced.
4. What do you do when you're not at work?
I enjoy running and reading. I bake a lot, even though I eat everything I make—it's not a great combination.
5. What do you think you would do if you weren't a teacher?
I'd like to spend my time sitting by a lake in Maine, reading in a hammock.
6. Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
Come find me and I'll tell you my fact! I can't advertise it.
7. What is your favorite Hebrew word?/Jewish Holiday
My favorite Hebrew word is balagan. I learned it from Atara, so I associate it with a fun, exciting and energetic time in the classroom!