Lindsey Talley joined Hausner as a lead Kindergarten teacher at the start of this academic year, and was immediately embraced by the Hausner community. Read more to learn about Lindsey's academic endeavor this past summer, and her current artistic endeavor that will play a significant role in her upcoming wedding!
1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area, where did you come from and what brought you here?
I am a Valley girl from Encino. I came to the Bay for college and never left.
2. What is your role at Hausner and how long have you been here?
I am the lead Kinder teacher in KB. It is my first year here. Previously I was a founding TK teacher at a charter school in San Jose.
3. What is the highlight of your working week?
I love explorations. It is where I can connect and watch the kids express themselves authentically.
4. What do you do when you're not at work?
I love watercolor and I am currently painting my ketubah!
I also play the ukulele and love cooking.
5. What do you think you would do if you weren't a teacher?
I love math and nearly minored in it in college... probably an engineer.
6. Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
I am ambidextrous.
7. What is your favorite Hebrew word?
I did ulpan at UCSF this summer and I've already forgotten most of it 🙄 But definitely mishpacha / משפחה! I am so happy to be part of the Hausner family :)