Shira Breverman is one of our incredibly creative first grade assistant teachers. You won’t believe the list of crafts and art-related hobbies that she enjoys! Read all about her here.
1. How long have you lived in the Bay Area, where did you come from and what brought you here?
I moved to the Bay Area in 2015 from Los Angeles. LA is where I grew up, went to college and law school, and worked as a lawyer and later as a teacher (at Brawerman Elementary School of Wilshire Boulevard Temple). I was reluctant to move when my husband, Marc, was offered an exciting job here, but have since fallen in love with the community and made it our home.
2. What is your role at Hausner and how long have you been here?
In 2020, I joined Hausner as a parent of a Kindergartner, and in 2021 as a 1st Grade Assistant with Ann.
3. What was the highlight of your working week?
The students are always the highlight of my week, from helping them wade through hard adjustments and new environments, to watching them get comfortable and hit those lightbulb moments of learning something new.
4. What do you do when you're not at work?
Watching my kids, then cycling through my art hobbies -- 3D printer pen, calligraphy, watercolor florals, hand-lettering, resin molding, painting, beading, making mask chains, knitting, rock painting, and other crafts.
5. What do you think you would do if you weren't a teacher?
I would be a stay-at-home mom!
6. Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
Every week I go to a mom’s night hip hop class.
7. What is your favorite Hebrew word?
My favorite Hebrew word is Ahava - love.